If you follow the story of Ever After High, you know that Darling Charming is the daughter of King Charming. She’s not your typical princess. She is not waiting around for a knight in shining armor to save her, instead she wants to be the knight in shining armor to save others. The Ever After High Darling Charming Doll lets kids explore both the princess and the warrior sides of the character.
- Doll has movable joints for posing and creating imaginative stories.
- Doll comes with the dress she wears on the show: a silver outfit with “metallic” bodice
- Accessories include a purse, brush, tiara headband, shoes, and a cuff bracelet and ring.
- Also included: a bookmark that tells Darling’s story
- Teaches Your Daughter to Save Herself: One of the most discouraging things about most fairy tales for parents is that it teaches your daughter that princesses need to be saved. It is never the princess who is doing the saving…that is until now. Darling Charming is a princess who is not sitting around hoping to be rescued by a knight in shining armor. Instead she is there to fight her own battles and to be her own knight who is able to rescue and save others. When your daughter is playing with this adorable character she is going to be encouraged to reach out and save herself rather than just waiting around for someone else to save her.
- Strong Female Roles: The Ever After High series features strong female roles. This is a great encouragement to parents who are trying to teach their darling daughters that they can do or be anything that they want. It helps them to be proud of who they are, even if they are not the typical cookie cutter style princess. It also reminds them that they can still be a princess no matter what their interests/goals are.
- Exploration Through Imagination and Reading: When playing with the Ever After High Darling Charming Doll your child is going to be encouraged to use their imagination. Plus, it is going to encourage them to read the coordinating books so that they can go on more adventures with their favorite princesses.
- Plenty of Accessories and Stylish Clothing: There is a good chance that your daughter is also going to love that this doll features adorable clothing like what is seen in the TV shows and accessories. Darling Charming comes dressed in a cute sparkling dress with the luxurious metallic accents that so many girls love. She also has silver shoes, a silver cuff bracelet with ring, headband, doll brush, stand, bookmark, and an adorable purse that looks like armor.
Things To Consider:
- The doll doesn’t stand by itself (much like any Barbie-style doll). It does come with a plastic stand to pose her on for display or play.
- Some of the accessories are small enough to be choking hazards for very young kids. This toy is rated for ages 3+, but some of the accessories might need to be put away or only used when supervised if you’re actually giving the doll to a 3-year-old.
The Ever After High Darling Charming Doll is great for letting girls imagine themselves as the heroes in their own stories. The doll is also perfect for those little girls who might still want to be a princess but might not feel like they fit into the standard princess mold.